Pregnancy Over 40, Getting Pregnant For The New Year Starts With GratitudeI've written before about how you need to acknowledge what you do have to attract what you want in your life.
I spent many years wanting a baby and part of realizing what might have been "the impossible dream" (i.e. 44 with only one fallopian tube)was to take a hard look at the positive aspects of my life. Many of us fall into the trap of only looking at what we don't have. I assure you, our lives could be much worse. So, here is a list of what I've been thankful for in 2014 (there's 20 things here, but I could think of many more). You'll notice some things are little and some are big. That's okay. Just get into the mindset of gratitude. You'll be surprised how it helps you achieve the impossible.
2. I'm thankful that I never gave up hope of having a baby - even though I was slammed by the medical community
3. I'm thankful that every miscarriage I had didn't incapacitate me and I kept listening to my internal "knowing" that I would have a baby.
4. I'm thankful I have a husband who has stuck by me through all the hard times
5. I'm thankful I have a home
6. I'm thankful I have a car
7. I'm thankful I have extended family close by
8. I'm thankful I have this blog with thousands of readers from all over the world
9. I'm thankful for my south facing windows which keep the house warm with solar heat
10. I'm thankful for my close friends
11. I'm thankful for my computer which I actually know how to use now
12. I'm thankful I like healthy food
13. I'm thankful that I'm in good health
14. I'm thankful for all the new technology which has come about in my lifetime which has made life easier
15. I'm thankful for my kickboxing class
16. I'm thankful for my part-time college teaching job which allows me to be a stay-at-home mom
17. I'm thankful for for my good neighbors
18. I'm thankful for the mountain in back of my house
19. I'm thankful for my fuzzy robe I wear in the morning when I'm freezing
20. I'm thankful that I'm thankful
Well...that's a start for me, how about you?