Fertility Cleanse with Spirulina, Great for Health and PregnancyIf you're feeling a bit bogged down after eating so much over the holiday, you might want to try spirulina as a meal substitute. Spirulina is a natural algae and it is very high in protein. It can benefit fertility in many ways:
SEE ALSO: FOODS FOR FERTILITY INCLUDING GREENS (getpregnantover40.com)
- Spirulina is a protein rich food which is needed for hormone production and high egg quality
- Spirulina is high in the beneficial omega 3's which not only help with hormone production, but they have an overal anti-inflammatory affect on the body
- Spirulina has chlorophyll which helps to detoxify the body. It can bind with heavy metals to remove them.
- Spirulina is high in iron which has been shown to help with fertility and is very important should you become pregnant
- Spirulina is high in B vitamins including folic acid which you should start taking before becoming pregnant to reduce the chance of birth defects
- Spirulina is high in calcium which is important for pregnancy (it can have 26 times the amount of calcium in milk!)