FERTILITY, SACRAL CHAKRA AND THE COLOR ORANGEI recall when I was trying to conceive, I wore quite a bit of orange because I had read that it was associated with fertility. This is because the sacral chakra (as mentioned in the article below) "vibrates" at the rate of the color orange. Confused? This guest post explains more about how our bodies are made of energy and chakras:
Introduction to the Chakra SystemGuest Post By Erika Cook
The word chakra is a Sanskrit word meaning wheel or vortex, and it is referring to the many energy centers that our bodies are comprised of. These energy centers are not visible to the human eye; however there are many intuitive's that are able to see one's chakras in their mind's eye. There are hundreds of chakras in the human body; however it is only really necessary to focus on the 7 main chakras. These main chakras are lined up from the base of the spine to the top of the head. Each chakra has a particular color associated with it and represents certain aspects of your physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies.
• Your 1st chakra, also called your root chakra, is located at the base of your spine and vibrates at the rate of the color red. The root chakra is your foundation chakra and enables you to get your basic needs met on earth such as food, shelter, and water. The physical aspect of this chakra includes the blood and nervous systems, the spine, bladder, and reproductive organs. An out of balance or blocked root chakra can cause inflammation, depression, lethargy, lack of confidence, and rage; just to name a few.
• Next, located below the ribs is the 3rd chakra or the solar plexus chakra. This chakra vibrates at the rate of the color yellow and is your source of inner power and self worth. The related organs to the solar plexus are the liver, spleen, stomach, and small intestine. Out of balance this chakra can cause digestive problems, diabetes, low self esteem, low energy, and confusion.
• The 4th chakra or heart chakra is the bridge between the lower 3 chakras (earth) and the upper 3 chakra (spiritual). The heart chakra is located directly in the center of the chest and vibrates at the rate of the color green (most people think that the color is pink. but that is actually the opposite color of green on the color wheel). This chakra is all about love, self love and compassion and includes the heart and breasts, endocrine gland, and the thymus gland. Out of balance problems that can occur are heart disease, allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, jealousy, moodiness, and indifference.
• A the throat lies the 5th chakra or the throat chakra. The throat chakra vibrates at the rate of the color light blue and relates to speech, communication, and self expression. Related organs are the throat, lungs, and ears. Problems that can occur from an out of balance throat chakra are hearing problems, asthma, sore throats, thyroid problems, arrogance, and inconsistency.
• Moving up to the center of the forehead is the 6th chakra or the third eye chakra (another name for this chakra is the brow chakra). This chakra vibrates at the rate of the color Indigo and is associated with one's mind and intuitive abilities. Related organs to this chakra are the eyes, lower head, and sinuses. Out of balance this chakra can cause migraines, visual defects, sinus problems, being scattered and disorganized, and an inability to trust your intuition.
• The last chakra is the 7th chakra also called the crown chakra, which is located at the top of the head, and relates to self knowledge and spiritual awareness. This chakra vibrates at the rate of the color white which includes the full spectrum of colors. The related organ to the crown chakra is the brain. Some problems that can occur if out of balance are depression, many mental or psychological disorders, dizziness, lack of contact with reality, and no concern for others.
There are endless reasons why your chakras can become unbalanced or blocked, and when one becomes clogged the flow of the whole system is interrupted. Taking good care of your chakra system will help to optimize your energy flow so that you can make the most out of your days. There are many simple techniques out there to keep your energy centers flowing and I urge you to use whichever one feels right to you.
Erika Lyn Cook is a freelance writer and the author of the upcoming book Purple People - The Diary of an Indigo Child. This book is a memoir of her life, and takes you through a journey of exactly what it's like to live as an Indigo child. Erika is also a certified Angel Healer Practitioner, Reiki practitioner, a certified Chrystal Healer, and an I.E.T. Healer. For more information about her services or about her upcoming book visit her website at [http://ErikaLynCook.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Erika_Cook